Saturday, July 12, 2008

A Mustering of Freeways

When I saw these three Freeways parked in Northern Michigan a couple of years ago, the first thing that came to mind was...what do you call a collection of Freeways?

A herd of Freeways

A flock of Freeways

A band of Freeways

A swarm of Freeways

A mob of Freeways

So I did a quick Google search and decided that "mustering" seemed most appropriate. (Apparently it is "correct" to refer to a group of storks as a "mustering of storks".) I guess that's better than the terms for a group of crows (a murder of crows) or, my personal favorite, the term for a group of ferrets -- "a business of ferrets".

At any rate...I snapped this photo of three Freeways in a parking lot on US Highway 31, near the intersection of 31 and M-137, north of Interlochen, Michigan. I have no idea why the cars were there, and I was late for my flight out of Traverse City, so I had no time to ask questions.

Any answers?

No comments: