Sunday, June 8, 2008

C'mon, drive your microcar to work on Friday.


Summer is upon us, so it's time to make the most of the warm weather. Get that car out and, why not...drive it to work. It may not be an officially-designated holiday, but we'd like to support the efforts of the folks at Classic Motorsports Magazine. They have designated the second Friday of each month as "Drive Your Classic to Work Day." And since most of our microcars are considered classics (Well...maybe the Smart Cars aren't classics yet, but it's only a matter of time.), we'd like to see you take those cars out of the garage and drive them to work. Your co-workers probably already think you're crazy.

This coming Friday, June 13th is the second Friday of the month -- and the official date for "Drive Your Microcar to Work Day." (Send us your photos.)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Back when I owned a ground-up M&M yellow 59 Isetta, I drove the three miles to work every Friday. It was great fun, but it took a lot longer as it was uphill the whole way to work. On one hill, a guy who worked with me passed me on a bicycle (he was training for triathlons). We laughed pretty hard about that when I finally got to work!

Randall

MINUTIA Editor said...

Randall,

I felt like that with a 1948 Crosley Wagon that I used to own. There is a slight grade from the center of town to my house, and I used to hug the curb to let other traffic get by me.
My Berkeley has a little more pep, and can take the hill with no problems. (Now all I have to do is figure out how to get 3rd gear and reverse back. It's embarrassing to have to get out and push the car into a parking space.)